Problem with setting up new r9 390 GPU!

KingKai

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
Hi, i recently purchased a MSI R9 390 GPU , however when i set it all up and turn on the computer, no image is shown, only screen distortions,there are no problems with my Monitor/ TV, and my previous Graphics card (GTX 760) Worked just fine, so i don't understand what the problem is? could it be due to the power supply? I searched online and saw that 600W power supply is adequate enough to run the GPU. i have literally looked everywhere for help, however haven't found any answers. i desperately need help i have no clue what to do.

PICTURES.

http://postimg.org/image/k4x307har/

SPECS.

• POWER SUPPLY - Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply

RAM - HyperX Genesis 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 CL9 DIMM Memory Kit (2 x 4 GB) - XMP Ready

MOTHERBOARD - MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W,)

HARD DRIVE - WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

GPU - MSI AMD R9 390 Gaming Graphics Card (8 GB, PCI-E 3.0, GDDR5, 512 Bit, DVI-I, HDMI)

O.S - Windows 7 64 bit

Thank you any help is deeply appreciated.

Solution
The CX series is a bit iffy, It's cheaper than others in the power range which is why many buy it, but it's not the best built unit. Could be a bad card, could be a power supply issue. If you have another system you can try the card in that will run it, try that or swap out the power supply in yours. Otherwise only thing you can do is contact MSI for support and see what they say. You'll probably have to send in the card to them to test, and there is a decent chance it will be sent back with no issues found, which means you'll have to dig up a good power supply anyway to test it with.
The CX series is a bit iffy, It's cheaper than others in the power range which is why many buy it, but it's not the best built unit. Could be a bad card, could be a power supply issue. If you have another system you can try the card in that will run it, try that or swap out the power supply in yours. Otherwise only thing you can do is contact MSI for support and see what they say. You'll probably have to send in the card to them to test, and there is a decent chance it will be sent back with no issues found, which means you'll have to dig up a good power supply anyway to test it with.

Solution