Problem with shared folders over a stand alone RAS/Dial-up..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to see shared folders over a dial-up connection. My mind tells me it should be fine but I cannot get the modem connected computer to see the other computers on the networks shared folders. I am trying to iniate an EZ-COPY of data from one share to another on the dialed in computer...Any help would be appreiciated..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.protocol.ras (More info?)

Yes you should be able to see shared folders over the dial-up.

Couple of questions
1) Are you able to ping your network resource. Both by name and ip address.
2) If yes then this might be permissions issue
3) If no, then try to see who is dropping the packets using tracert tool.

If you are able to see things via ip address and not name then this might be
name resolution issue.

--
-Pawan [MSFT]

rights."