[SOLVED] Problem with "Soft-touch" buttons on Samsung monitor ?

Apr 21, 2021
Greetings people,

I've got a Samsung monitor. It's the SyncMaster S22B150. I purchased this bad boy a few years ago. However, I've had a very annoying problem ever since.
Instead of hard clickable buttons, it has "soft-touch" buttons that only need a light tap. The power button works perfectly, but the other buttons don't seem to respond too well.

The menu button responds once in every 5-10 taps, where as the rest of the buttons need more than 20 taps, some of which don't even respond at all.
I remember that there used to be a software which lets you navigate through the menu by using the mouse, but I can't seem to find it.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

I need to tweak some changes but I'm unable to do so, and the picture quality just hurts my eyes.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Samsung's Windows utility for monitor adjustments without using the buttons is called "MagicTune" and I'm guessing that it's included in the download called "Device (Install)" Here

I say "guessing" because it doesn't tell you what the download contains, but since there's only one item for download it's worth a try.
Samsung's Windows utility for monitor adjustments without using the buttons is called "MagicTune" and I'm guessing that it's included in the download called "Device (Install)" Here

I say "guessing" because it doesn't tell you what the download contains, but since there's only one item for download it's worth a try.

Solution
Apr 21, 2021

The link you provided consists the monitor's drivers, which was helpful since I didn't have them.
Thank you for suggesting MagicTune to me. That's the program that I've been looking for. I remember using it a while back when I bought the monitor.
I had trouble launching it though, since I've got errors like "you must reboot your pc for the program to work" even though I did ... or "not compatible with this device etc etc".
I've solved these problems by installing MagicTune 4.09 for Windows Vista and 7 (International version) 64 bit.
After doing that, I managed to finally launch the application. But, there's a trick. If the program doesn't allow you to do anything, as in telling you that the device is not compatible, all you need to do is drag the window to your Samsung monitor (if you're using it as a second monitor like me).
It worked like a charm after that.

In conclusion, you've really helped me with your reply, and I am grateful. You've probably saved me from damaging my eyes since it was unbearable to look at the monitor with the previous settings. Thank you.