Question problem with space on SSD drive

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Hi All.
I bought a new Dell Alienware laptop 4 months ago with Windows 11, 1TB SSD. But now I have only 31.4GB free. I didn't install many apps
  1. The Control Panel shows that currently the total size of installed programs is 15.8 GB.
  2. Drive C:\ Users folder size: 43.6 GB
  3. Download folder size: 1.89 GB.
I become check the free space on the SSD when I turn on laptop and then before turn off it. All this time I used only the Internet. And noticed that the difference of free space on SSD at the begging and the end approximately 3-4 GB.
What is the problem? How to fix it?

Lutfij

Titan
Dell Alienware
Can you mention the model of your Alienware? Might want to see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending as well as your SSD needing any firmware updates.

You could try and use Disk Cleanup and see if you can clear up some space. Can you share what you're seeing in Disk Management for your SSD? Might want to backup all your critical content from the SSD, fabricate the installer for your OS using Windows Media Creation Tools and reinstall your OS.

eugzl

Reputable
Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for replies.
I have an Alienware m15 R6 laptop. Dell support updated BIOS in this month. The suggestion to check folders and files located on SSD may be is not bad an idea. But I worry why when I turn on my computer and just use the Internet, the free space on the SSD becomes less. For example, when I posted the first post about this problem, there was 31.4 GB of free space on the SSD. It was at 8:18 PM. I continued to use the Internet. I did not open any other applications, and now at 11:32 PM there is 29.4 GB of free space on the SSD. I can't figure out why using the internet reduces the space on the SSD.
Thanks

Last edited: