Problem with text on page

ScottB

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2004

Situation: bought a used Epson Stylus 777 from my brother-
in-law, who didn't have the driver disc. Downloading it
from the Web wasn't a problem, but the test page only
prints the Windows icon; no text. In fact, it won't print
any text at all, even though it sounds like the printing
head is working. I put a new cartridge in; same thing, no
text.

Any ideas?

have you tried printing other documents? If you are using
new cartridges you may want to clean the print heads a few
times before it prints OK.