[SOLVED] Problem with the chassis fan

Jan 10, 2022
Hello,

I recently changed my pc case. I noticed that the fan that came with it (Corsair rgb fan 3 pins) was not running anymore. When I checked in the BIOS, I realized that it was not detected anymore. When I plugged it back in, it started spinning again. But as soon as my computer goes to sleep or shuts down and I restart it, the fan has a slight impulse but stops just as soon. It doesn't turn anymore until I unplug it and plug it back in.

I have searched several forums but have not found anything that fits my problem.

motherboard: asus b450m-a (plug on cha_fan 2)

Do you know what is wrong? Thanks

Solution
Do you know what is wrong?
Check, if fan control mode is set appropriately in BIOS. It may be configured as 4pin PWM fan (when you have 3pin linear voltage controlled fan).
Also you may need to edit fan curve of the fan in BIOS. Probably current fan curve settings are not sufficient for it to start on boot.
It should start spinning, then temperature increases though.
Do you know what is wrong?
Check, if fan control mode is set appropriately in BIOS. It may be configured as 4pin PWM fan (when you have 3pin linear voltage controlled fan).
Also you may need to edit fan curve of the fan in BIOS. Probably current fan curve settings are not sufficient for it to start on boot.

Solution
Jan 10, 2022

Thanks, it worked