[SOLVED] Problem with the radiator screws - Corsair H115i RGB Platinum AIO cooler.

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
Hello guys ! Right now, I have another problem with the radiator of the AIO cooler - Corsair H115 i RGB Platinum.
After I putted the fans on the radiator, the screws work to screw easily with the fingers, but stop at one moment, far away from the point when the head of the screw touch the radiator, remaining a considerable distance between them, like in the pictures.
I do not know what to do, because I am affraid if I continue to screw, somehow the fins of the radiator will be dammaged. I observed closely that the screws going down thru the radiator in such a tube, normally the tube must be opened, not blocked, but my tubes seems to be blocked by something wich I don’t know what is.
I saw all the tutorials on Youtube, and in most clips, the screwing is easy, from the start to the finish point, and in others, the screwing is easy until one point, and then is done with some force to the end.
In the first picture, you can see the point of the screw after is necessary to apply force to screw. I think the screw is correctly introduced in its hole (perpendicular).
Like in Hamlet, to screw or not to screw, this is the question.
Edit:
I ask the same thing on Corsair forum and I was advised by one user, wich thank him again here too, like this:
“ It's fine; no liquid flows through those fins. Bending a couple of them won't hurt anything. The liquid flows through the larger, straight channels.”
Is it true ?
Is this a common radiators issue ?
PcPdcud.jpg
eKOZZuU.jpg
84ap8MI.jpg
Vo5TXTa.jpg
TSYSsko.jpg
hIBkuLJ.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
After the time when I waited to receive a second answer, I decided to “ screw them with confidence”. The result seems it is ok. I tried to unscrew the same screw and the second time was much easier to screw it. I hope this was the good way.
The same story with the other screws on the back side ( the shorter screws wich attach the radiator to the case ). For this time, was needed much more screwing force than on the other side, but it looks ok.
pXyX4rc.jpg

Violett

Great
Mar 17, 2019
After the time when I waited to receive a second answer, I decided to “ screw them with confidence”. The result seems it is ok. I tried to unscrew the same screw and the second time was much easier to screw it. I hope this was the good way.
The same story with the other screws on the back side ( the shorter screws wich attach the radiator to the case ). For this time, was needed much more screwing force than on the other side, but it looks ok.
pXyX4rc.jpg

Last edited:
Solution