[SOLVED] Problem with the ram :/

Jul 14, 2021
So... I bought 4 ram memory sticks of 4GB DDR4 the same brand, same model, but 2 were bought in 2018 and the other two were bought in 2019. I have a B450 and it only gives a video with only 2 sticks from the same year. If I try to put 2 of 2019 and 1 of 2018 there is no video (or vice versa) Can someone help me? :/
Motherboard: B450 GAMING X GIGABYTE
Bios version: F60 ( I was with the F52 but I updated the bios to see if it solved the problem )

Solution
So... I bought 4 ram memory sticks of 4GB DDR4 the same brand, same model, but 2 were bought in 2018 and the other two were bought in 2019. I have a B450 and it only gives a video with only 2 sticks from the same year. If I try to put 2 of 2019 and 1 of 2018 there is no video (or vice versa) Can someone help me? :/
Bios version: F60 ( I was with the F52 but I updated the bios to see if it solved the problem )

Your issue is mixing RAM. It is never a good idea to mix RAM even of the same exact specs. RAM kits are binned at the factory to ensure each DIMM in a kit has the same Latency.
This is a common occurrence and manufacturers warn of this and mainly due to budgetary reasons. Yes they...

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Have you tried new ram by them selves?

What spec ram are they?

With only new or old ram in, to get a display to adjust Bios settings, try enable Xmp so ram is operating at dram frequency and at 1.35v. And manually change SoC voltage, to start with, 1.1v, then 1.15~1.2. Save and power off then add the other two sticks and see.

Additionally can try manually setting frequency to 2133, 2400 or 2666 at 1.35v and see what happens.

If you have fast boot on try disable it as that limits memory training.

Keep in mind running four sticks lowers the highest potential running speed so with Ryzen and dependence on memory speed for performance be better off with 2x 8GB 2933/3200 ram.

Mixing ram is another issue you've probably read about.

Your issue is mixing RAM. It is never a good idea to mix RAM even of the same exact specs. RAM kits are binned at the factory to ensure each DIMM in a kit has the same Latency.
This is a common occurrence and manufacturers warn of this and mainly due to budgetary reasons. Yes they sometimes work together but most times issues/failures occur down the track.

Solution