[SOLVED] Problem with thermaltake pump outlet

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys, so, i bought a thermaltake pr22-D5 plus pump, but i have a problem, it seems the threads are bad, i still have warranty ao i can send it, but the threads seem fine/not damaged, yet it wont fit my fittings nicely, i cant fully attach the fittings, the o-ring doesnt touch the base. I have tried monsoon fittings, and then i bought a g1/4 adapter from ek, 20mm, to see if it woukd fit better ,but it didnt really fit it well. I have not yet leak tested it. But i saw online that Bitspower sells a "npsm adapter", it seems english g1/4 is "npsm" and thats not the same as european g1/4?? i bought it from ScanUk, so it came from UK, do i need that bitspower adapter or just have a defective pump?? Thanks

Solution
Well, whatever it is... it seems the PR22-D5 Plus outlet is not standart G1/4... only their 10mm extender fit in there, my other ones dont. So, theres the awser for anyone that needs it. BUY A 10MM EXTENDER for the outlet, its only 11€ i think, so keep in mind you will need that extra 11€ part, but rest is awesome.
Disclaimer - double quotes imply not literal meaning.
you bought a product from "defective" company. TT mostly making shinny "garbage", especially when it comes to WC.
But even then, you shouldn't have such problem.
It will be easier to understand the issue if you could share pictures of the:
1. fitting/adapter (so the thread length will be visible)
2. the inlet you trying to use
3. the combination - fitting in that inlet.

This could happen due to longer threads on fittings or some obstacle around the thread preventing the wider fitting to screw in. it is also possible that the thread on the pump is defective somewhere towards the end.

Lutfij

Titan
Instead of buying more of what you don't need, I'd suggest you return the pump and ask them for a replacement. By the way you've stated it, it seems like your pump's fitting heads aren't milled properly. If you could show us a picture of the issue and/or a video it'd help two fold.

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

I will post pictures when i get home, thanks.

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Well, i saw some amazon reviews, red the low star ones, and in one of the reviews they talked about this same issue, and soem dude says he has 2 pumps of these and waht he did was use a thermaltake 10m g1/4 extender and then atached his fitting to that. I just ordered one from amazon, after already spending 7eur on the ek extender now i had to spend 13,99eur on the thermaltake extender BUT i really dont want to RMA the pump, havint to send the pump from portugal to the Uk should cost like 30eur and i would have to wait alot... This way i should get the extender in 8 to 10 days and hopefully solve my problem. If it solves my problem ill post here so other people with same issue know about it.

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
WOW how can they not allow for image uploading?? cut server storage space?? :D
Ok, so here it goes, i tried my barrow and monsoon fittings and none fit the outlet of the pump, then bought a EK adapter, also didnt fit it , just the tip goes in, the o-ring doesnt even touch the base. Now i ordered a thermaltake 10mm adapter, will arrive in the 14th of this month.
https://ibb.co/msKZB7
https://ibb.co/dMYGPS
https://ibb.co/gPMLjS
https://ibb.co/iUWaJn

I can't see any gap between the adapter and the pump.
Just do a small test: leave only one other port open. seal the attached adapter with a finger and simply blow air into the open port. you will fill if it's really lose.
From what I can tell from images, it should work just fine.

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

But there is a gap, the O ring does not touch the base of the outlet, my 10mm thermaltake extender (recomended by some dude online) will arrive next week and then hopefully that one seals it, ill post what heappens, so if anyone has same problem as me, they find help.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Sounds like the threads on the fitting might be deeper than the threads on the pump? I know when I was testing the Enermax NEOChanger pump earlier this spring, it had some issues with older G1/4 fittings with longer threads, but seemed to fit fine with newer barbs. Maybe a similar issue?

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013

Well, the adapter will arrive next week, hopefully on monday, maybe the thermaltake fittings or atleast the 10mm extender have smaller threading, ill post the awser when i get it... I really dont want to have to ship it back to the UK (im form portugal), time and money, awful

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
OK guys, the thermaltake 10mm extender i got fits the pump outlet perfectly. Dont know why other fittings dont fit the outlet, maybe it isnt really a standart G1/4 outlet... But well, problem solved, thank god! Didnt want to send it back to the UK, shipping money and time.

Kcimor

Honorable
Jul 17, 2013
Well, whatever it is... it seems the PR22-D5 Plus outlet is not standart G1/4... only their 10mm extender fit in there, my other ones dont. So, theres the awser for anyone that needs it. BUY A 10MM EXTENDER for the outlet, its only 11€ i think, so keep in mind you will need that extra 11€ part, but rest is awesome.

Solution