Problem with unsecured network

Can anybody help? I have this wireless laptop normall
connect ok with my Buffalo airstation router, then I
started to use wired network again and never used the
laptop until now I'm in my friend's place with an
unsecured wireless router (also buffalo airstation) and i
cant connect although i can see the list of available
wireless network.

Has anyone had this problem before? Please give me any
suggestion..

Many thanks in advance.
Mei

Hi
Make sure that your Network is set to obtain IP auto.
If you used your Laptop with security setting On, disable the previous
security settings.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"mei chan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody help? I have this wireless laptop normall
> connect ok with my Buffalo airstation router, then I
> started to use wired network again and never used the
> laptop until now I'm in my friend's place with an
> unsecured wireless router (also buffalo airstation) and i
> cant connect although i can see the list of available
> wireless network.
>
> Has anyone had this problem before? Please give me any
> suggestion..
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Mei

Make sure that your wireless adapter settings are the same as the wireless
router you are trying to connect to. For example, if the router is set to
Super-G Turbo, your PC adapter must also use Super-G Turbo.

"mei chan" wrote:

> Can anybody help? I have this wireless laptop normall
> connect ok with my Buffalo airstation router, then I
> started to use wired network again and never used the
> laptop until now I'm in my friend's place with an
> unsecured wireless router (also buffalo airstation) and i
> cant connect although i can see the list of available
> wireless network.
>
> Has anyone had this problem before? Please give me any
> suggestion..
>
> Many thanks in advance.
> Mei

TRENDING THREADS