problem with usb keyboard

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
hello guys,
so here is my problem..lately i did a clear installation of windows 7 x64 ultimate because i bought cmstorm octane (keyboard+mouse set..both usb not ps/2).
tuneuputilities detects a problem "Windows reports that the "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" device is not working properly."...i emphasize that this problem seems to be detectable only from tuneup utilities.
i cant find any options on bios so that i can disable ps/2 ports(motherboard:asus p5k)
i afraid that this problem maybe slows down the perfomance of my pc,especially on games such as lol and csgo..any ideas please?

Solution
this port you disable is from the motherboard or a usb hub device that split usb between device for one usb connector on the system. the other thing usb you use are top one near ps/2 so 1 on left is mouse and the middle one should be keyboard,on page 1-20 of board manual see the usb setting if they are the same you have also the back usb port work in pair the 2 bottom one then the middle and the top one .

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
oh i see..i have disabled this beacuse it was annoying to me..but when i go to device manager everything seems alright...so just tuneup utilities problem?nothing slows down my pc right?

crunchraven

Honorable
Nov 19, 2014
it seems that it is one of my hub's port...i threw orange juice and maybe broke this port..i disabled only this port and it is okay
about ps/2 keyboard,tuneup still detects problem...so this is maybe a bug with usb keyboard and tuneup utilities

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
this port you disable is from the motherboard or a usb hub device that split usb between device for one usb connector on the system. the other thing usb you use are top one near ps/2 so 1 on left is mouse and the middle one should be keyboard,on page 1-20 of board manual see the usb setting if they are the same you have also the back usb port work in pair the 2 bottom one then the middle and the top one .

Solution