lagrunge

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hello
the problem i m havisg is this:i just bought a sapphire radeon 6850 to upgrade from my radeon 5770.After installation everything seemed ok and the fist day all run smooth.However when i turned on the pc on the next day i started having blurry spots all over the screen-square shaped and lines- which became more and more while i moved the mouse cursor and finally the system would freeze.i tried many restarts and at times i got a blue screen stating an error concerning the installation of new hardware,but it only appeared for moments so i couldnt note what error it stated :??: Now i m running again on my old vga.Any ideas?the rest of my system: AMD phenom2 X4 965,ASUS Crosshair Formula III,8GB ram ddr3-133,WD 1TB, windows7 64bit,PSU thermaltake 600W

thank you in advance

ps1:when i installed the new one i didnt removed any drivers of the old one.thought there might be compatibility since they r both same manufacturer-company-type.could that be the problem?
ps2:my motherboard supports pci express 2.0 while the new card is 2.1..i think that this isnt an issue right?

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
Sounds like GPU overheating. I would return the card for peace of mind. Even if you sent UPC code for rebate already, you may still return it, as I did for my GTX 460 just the day before the return window would close. The Microcenter in my town refunded me minus the rebate amount.

lagrunge

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
PSU is relatively new-1 and a half year when i bought this pc.I guess its condition is good enough still.I ll try out reinstalling after uninstalling old drivers and shal c.thx for the help