Question Problem with viruses on USB stick

May 25, 2020
I have just received an Infinitikloud 64 gb USB stick and when I tried to install the software as per instructions Windows defender discovered 3 viruses.

Windows defender found DDOS:win32/nitol and two instances of virtool:win32/injector.e has anyone else had this problem ?, I am now left with no .EXE file on the USB as they were quarantined by defender.

Ralston18

Titan
Where did you get the USB stick?

By "software you mean the "backup solution" - correct?

And the software (the .exe file) was already on the stick if I am likewise correctly understanding your post.

You should be able to delete all the files on the USB stick, reformat it, and be able to use it.

Maybe with some other backup software installed....

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
May 25, 2020
Where did you get the USB stick?

By "software you mean the "backup solution" - correct?

And the software (the .exe file) was already on the stick if I am likewise correctly understanding your post.

You should be able to delete all the files on the USB stick, reformat it, and be able to use it.

Maybe with some other backup software installed....

Hi Phillip, thanks for your reply I purchased the USB stick directly from Infinitikloud and it was supposed to do the same job as the photostick ie: back up all your photos automatically, windows detected the virus files when I ran the installation file on the stick as per the instructions that came with the unit I have emailed Infinitikloud about the problem but no reply as yet if I am unable to download another installation file from them I will seek a refund, Regards, Bob.

TRENDING THREADS