Question problem with win 7 'load driver' option in win 7 installation

Mar 27, 2020
Hi all, i am new to this forum and i sure hope someone can help me. i am trying to install windows to a hdd attached to a Via VT6421 pci controller and windows can't see my hdd until i install the drivers for the controller. the problem is that windows does not recognize/accept any of the drivers on the driver cd that came with the controller. the controllers instruction booklet specifies the correct driver clearly and i have tried various other drivers just in case somthing works but no joy - pleasehelp if you can. regards, dirk17

Mar 27, 2020
Hi Thanks for reaching, afraid the pc is at a friends house but if i may attempt to explain: after booting from the win install cd you get to the page where drives appear in a box and one can choose which drive to use. in my case the box is empty 'cos the card the hdd is connected to has no driver installed as yet. to the left beneath the main box appears an option to 'load driver' which is usually intended for use when one installs something like a pci based disk controller ie VT6432 ide/sata controller. one would then insert the driver cd for the controller and navigate to vista\x64\viamrx64.inf on the cd then press 'next' to proceed with installation after which i receive windows error message 'no suitable driver found'. thonking that the cd may be malfunction i downloaded the apppropriate drivers and put on a flash drive but the result is the same. btw the instruction booklet of the card only goes up to vista but the drivers i downloaded covers win 7 as well, which is what i'm using. hope the info will shed some light but i won't get to the pc till after this quarantine thing. thanks again, best regards, dirk malan.
Can you show any screenshots about the way you're trying to load the drivers?
[/QU