Question Problem with Win7 Power Options on Windows 10/Windows 7 dual boot system

patn1525

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Computer will go to sleep when printing large jobs (windows 7). When going to control panel and power options there are no options to choose. I want to prevent the computer from going to sleep during long printing jobs (actually cutting on a plotter) but there are no options available. I can boot to windows 10 where I can prevent the computer from sleeping, but not windows 7. The work around I use is to open up a u tube video and play it while the plotter cuts. It works, but I'd rather figure out how to get the options back so I do not have to do that.

patn1525

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
Have you checked to make sure that your Windows 7 User Account has Administrator privileges?
Yes, I'm the only "user" on the computer. I can add when I click on power options in the control panel, the heading for the options is there, but the body where the options should be listed has nothing. Just one small red "X" somewhere around the middle of the page. I can also say about a month or so ago I replaced the hard drive in the computer with a digital one. I cloned the old HD to the new one and everything came out OK. All the programs cloned perfectly for both Windows 7 and 10 without a hitch. Question. I've been toying with the idea of using my repair disc in an attempt fix windows 7 on the partitioned drive which also contains windows 10. My worry is something will go wrong with the repair process forcing me to reinstall not only windows 7, but windows 10 also. Not including all the programs I use for work, which are many. What are the chances of that happening? Thanks for your reply.

excelcor

Commendable
Oct 8, 2017
Dumbfounded why on a dual boot with windows 10 and 7, using same pc my amd radeon r9 380 cannot make same adjustments to windows 10 as it does to windows7 .Im trying to match the color, brightness to look almost exactly like windows 7 ,aint happening been trying for weeks. same card same monitor,Is windows 10 that screwed up it cant even do this.Even using precise color chart in windows colors are off