problem with winamp or is it virus...?

Hi all

Please could you tell me whether it is a virus or something wrong with
the Winamp music player I’m using.

My operating System is Windows 98 SE.

Music player: Winamp 5.094

After some time, maybe 25minutes maybe more Winamp goes soft, but the
music is playing - is there a virus that does this or is this version
of Winamp buggy?

Once I reboot the machine my WinAmp plays properly again.

Could another reason be the number of open internet windows I have on
my taskbar and that my memory resources are running out?

Or could my memory (RAM) inside be faulty?

Please could you advise me.

Thanks

Deon
CAPE TOWN
SOUTH AFRICA

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-problem-winamp-virus-ftopict420782.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1406246

From: "wizard777" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com>

| Hi all
|
| Please could you tell me whether it is a virus or something wrong with
| the Winamp music player I’m using.
|
| My operating System is Windows 98 SE.
|
| Music player: Winamp 5.094
|
| After some time, maybe 25minutes maybe more Winamp goes soft, but the
| music is playing - is there a virus that does this or is this version
| of Winamp buggy?
|
| Once I reboot the machine my WinAmp plays properly again.
|
| Could another reason be the number of open internet windows I have on
| my taskbar and that my memory resources are running out?
|
| Or could my memory (RAM) inside be faulty?
|
| Please could you advise me.
|
| Thanks
|
| Deon
| CAPE TOWN
| SOUTH AFRICA
|
| --
| Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
| Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
| Topic URL:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-problem-winamp-virus-ftopict420782.html
| Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1406246

Doubtful it is a virus. More like a corrupted OS or WinAMP software.

Start by contacting the maker of WinAMP.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

wizard777 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Please could you tell me whether it is a virus or something wrong with
> the Winamp music player I’m using.
>
> My operating System is Windows 98 SE.
>
> Music player: Winamp 5.094
>
> After some time, maybe 25minutes maybe more Winamp goes soft, but the
> music is playing - is there a virus that does this or is this version
> of Winamp buggy?

You mean by soft the volume goes lower right?

> Once I reboot the machine my WinAmp plays properly again.
>
> Could another reason be the number of open internet windows I have on
> my taskbar and that my memory resources are running out?

You can prove any of that out by leaving it running without opening other
windows or programs and see if it still happens?

> Or could my memory (RAM) inside be faulty?
>
> Please could you advise me.

When it goes lower do you have any other set of speakers to try to
eliminate speakers? (I really doubt that though)

I would wonder rather if it's something internal with your sound hardware,
and not necessarily wimamp, but try posting at their forum for help.
http://forums.winamp.com/index.php?s

Rick