Question Problem with Windows 10 boot

May 23, 2019
I have Win 10 ( Businmess) on PC it is having problems and will bnot allow me to create a recovery drive.
I have a laptop with Win 10 ( Home) can I use that to create a recovery drive

May 23, 2019
Thanks for your prompt reply. THe built in Trtoiubleshooter could not fix it. However, I nhave just done an sfc/scannow on sysytem and currently ( fingers crossed) The system appears to be making a recovery drive. ( about 5% complete)
Will update post if it works.
This intermittent boot-up Problem appeared in past 2 weeks but System Restore does not repair it. Every time I switch on or Restart I get a message to press either F1 or F5. Pressing F! not work. I ten Press F% let it start its checks. Press ESC and when asked Press OK. This seems to let me boot -up and use my PC.
( I am an amatuert so hepefully you get my drift)
Thanks again.

Let me know how it goes. However, I'm not sure what a recovery drive will do, as it is creating one from the PC that has problems. Before resetting it, I'd suggest to download Malwarebytes or another free anti-virus software if you haven't already, and perform a full system scan.

May 23, 2019
Will do. Just done Malware Bytes scan and quarantined 13threats. I also have a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows 10 t Ho,me hat is working well. Can I create a Recovery Drive from this to use on my PC that has Windows 10 Pro ?

May 23, 2019
Hope fully No as I do not want to lose all my Apps and installed Programmes.
Following your advise and noiwaking another Recovery Drive.
I am hoping to be able to keep all my apps and installed programmes but somehow repair the Windows 10 failure to boot properly.

Ok, you will need to remember that a Windows 10 recovery drive will either delete everything on the PC, or revert Windows back to an old state, depending on how you do it. Before you try this, do the following:
Click the start menu, then the power button and choose 'Restart'
As soon as you have done this, hold the 'shift' key on your keyboard and do not let go.
Soon, a screen that says 'Choose an Option' will appear. Select 'troubleshoot'.
Now, choose 'advanced options'. You should now see the option to do 'startup repair'. Do this, and Windows should scan for problems causing your startup problems.

TRENDING THREADS