Problem with windows 7

Barklor

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
Hey guys!!

So i just bought a new PC(mobo, cpu, gpu, ram) and i use the same HDD..I had the disk formated and the moment the windows loading screen pops up,(before welcome screen) it freezes for like a sec and then reboots...after bios load, the black screen with launch startup repair or start windows normally comes. When i pick the 2nd choice,the same thing i described above happens. With the 1st choice windows try to repair windows, but there is nothing different...

I installed Windows 7.

Regards

Solution

This will assist you in creating a bootable USB flash drive.
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

jimpz

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
You said you formatted the HDD, so you did a fresh install of windows? what version from where?
If you didn't do a fresh install, Windows has all the 'old' drivers from your previous system & that is what is causing your issues.

Barklor

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
I deleted the last windows and installed the new from the top.
Windows 7 ultmate x64. Is there any way that its the versions fault? Before format i think i had home premium.

One more thing..My dvd drive is ide(kind of old technology). Because my new mobo has no ide inputs I did format by connecting HDD and DVD drive to my last mobo.When the windows installed, i just shut down without installing any drives.Connected HDD to the new mobo and the above problem came up.
Could it be that the problem? should i buy a sata DVD drive and install windows?

Barklor

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Ok ill try it and see..
One last thing, in order to avoid buying sata dvd drive, can i somehow use a flash disk as bootable device?
If yes do you happen to know the exact steps?

Thanks for your help!!

USAFRet

Titan

This will assist you in creating a bootable USB flash drive.
Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool

Solution