Problem with windows after install

James F

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hi guys,

I installed windows 8.1 last night on my 1st computer build using the disk in my cd drive onto a 240gb ssd. It was fully functional then but after installing the essentials i wanted to install the programmes on my 1tb hard drive (after a bit of cable management).

I then plugged in the hard drive and turned on intel rapid storage technology although i dont want my storage disks in raid mode. Then windows came up with a screen saying windows needs to restart. It restarted and despite my attempts at fiddling with the BIOS I have had no success! I am therefore only able to access the UEFI and the windows diagnostics thing.

Many thanks in advance, all I wanted to do was to plug in my PC and start playing :( !!

Maybe I am just being a noob.....

Reyaz123

Admirable
1.While you see the recovery/diagnostics for windows, clcik repair options and locate the system restore option (should be in troubleshooting) choose a restore point before this problem started happening

2.Go down to #5
http://www.7tutorials.com/5-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-8-windows-81

Boot into safe mode from the system recovery. Once in safe mode go into control panel and uninstall the intel software that caused this issue. Afterwards reboot your PC normally and see if it helps