Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2023
Hi there, I have a fairly new and updated setup:
x570 ASUS TUF,
5800x,
6900xt,
Windows 11,
But recently when I play games or do anything in windows the program i am focused in would randomly go through one of these problems when I click:
- Game like valorant literally goes in between my two monitors, or becomes a really small box
- Browsers or other apps get sent flying to corners in smaller resolution
I'm fairly confident it's a mouse issue since it happens every now and then when I click but I'm not too sure.
Here is apps I have running all the time:
Google Drive,
Wallpaper Engine,
Riot Vanguard,
Signal RGB,
Discord,
Kingston Dashboard,
Lian Li Connect,
Samsung Magician,
Spotify,
And G Hub
Any thoughts are welcome and thanks

Jan 5, 2023
image.png

I was playing valorant right after posting this in fullscreen and after moving around and clicking this happened, it became a weird resolution and moved.

Jan 5, 2023
Hi there, I have a fairly new and updated setup:
Mobo: X570 ASUS TUF
CPU: Ryzen 5800X
GPU: 6900 XT

Recently when gaming or doing anything in Windows the program I am focused on would randomly go through one of these problems when I click:
- Game like Valorant literally goes in between my two monitors, or becomes a really small box
- Browsers or other apps get sent flying to corners in smaller resolution

I'm fairly confident it's a mouse issue since it happens every now and then when I click but I'm not too sure.
These are the apps I have running all the time:
Google Drive,
Wallpaper Engine,
Riot Vanguard,
Signal RGB,
Discord,
Kingston Dashboard,
Lian Li Connect,
Samsung Magician,
Spotify,
And G Hub

Any thoughts are welcome

Additional note: Moving my mouse fast while clicking seems to cause it, but it shouldn't even move the windows around, only select some text.
My mouse is a G502, keyboard is a Keychron Q1V2, there is an external USB hub with a mic plugged in and an SD card reader, if it matters.

Ralston18

Titan
All of those apps.....

Disable all of them from starting up at boot.

Determine if the screen/.mouse behavior continues.

If not, then add back the apps one by one allowing time (at least a full restart or two) between app additions.

Determine if the reinstallation of one particular app recreates the problem. Then that app is the likely culprit.

Other things to do:

Run the built in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism".

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

Post actions and results.

Feb 7, 2024
Every response to the original poster is COMPLETELY USELESS. This might as well be the Microsoft help forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. The OP clearly did his due diligence and every response is basically "did you remember to try this moronic thing that you obviously already tried?" It's clearly an issue that goes beyond the basic garbage that one typically finds when googling a problem. THAT IS WHY THEY CAME HERE. You guys owe the OP an apology for wasting their time. Idiots.

USAFRet

Titan
Every response to the original poster is COMPLETELY USELESS. This might as well be the Microsoft help forum. You should be ashamed of yourselves. The OP clearly did his due diligence and every response is basically "did you remember to try this moronic thing that you obviously already tried?" It's clearly an issue that goes beyond the basic garbage that one typically finds when googling a problem. THAT IS WHY THEY CAME HERE. You guys owe the OP an apology for wasting their time. Idiots.
And what is YOUR recommendation for the OP?

Not that he'll see it, as this is almost a year old.

Feb 7, 2024
The "well what's your solution?!?" response (A) doesn't actually respond to anything I said; (B) it is irrelevant. Whether or not I have a solution has nothing to do with whether or not what I said is valid; and (C) is the type of thing somebody says when they don't possess critical thinking skills.

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
The "well what's your solution?!?" response (A) doesn't actually respond to anything I said; (B) it is irrelevant. It's, because whether or not I have a solution has nothing to do with whether or not what I said is valid; and (C) is the type of thing somebody says when they don't possess critical thinking skills.
Other people had questions, and suggested several things.

You, on the other hand, simply rag on those suggestions, and provide no solution of your own.

In any case, this thread is long dead, and is now closed.

Thanks for your "input".

Reactions: Ralston18
Status
Not open for further replies.