[SOLVED] problem with windows installation on brand new ssd

Mar 6, 2021
I have recently added a Kingston ssd to my pc and was trying to install windows from a usb boot. the first error i had was there was no partition so I set one up. then the error shifted to it was formatted incorrectly (not gpt). i tried to format it in disk management control panel. i wasn't able to as there was a partion I wasn't able to delete so I had to use command prompts while in the windows usb boot to clean and reformat it. then after it was clean i made the required partition yet it still said it was unable to install and provided little information on why. does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or any ideas on how to fix the issue (windows not being able to be installed).

Solution
good news i've figured it out! you have to go into bios and make the drive you want to install windows on the first drive in the boot order.

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
I was about to post what you posted basically or close enough and now I’ll wait to see what responses you get.

do you have Facebook perhaps we can share videos and pictures to help speed these problems up

royaldeadman

Prominent
Jun 26, 2019
I disconnected all other drives all usb related stuff and disconnected sata drives and still nothing. My s.2 shows up in bios when using an adapter but not on the actual motherboard slot.