[SOLVED] Problem with wireless printing on SAMSUNG ML-2525W printer ?

johnyb98

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2015
Hi everyone.
Please, I would like your help to the following problem I have with my printer.
It's about a Samsung ML-2525W wireless printer I have at home.
Since yesterday, the little blue wireless light that turns on after about 30 sec after the printer is powered on, does not turn on so I can no longer print wirelessly.

Could you please give me some advice about what to do?

Thank you for your time.

johnyb98

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2015
Thank you very much for your answer. It really saved me. The printer has no technical problem. Wireless card of the printer works fine. At the link here

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05588838

there is the hp software that identifies with ethernet cable the ip of the printer (cabling or wi-fi ip), and gives the opportunity to change it. With ethernet cable, I changed it, and make the procedure to enter wireless ip, and works fine. I can now print wirelessly.
But there is a last strange problem. If I leave the wireless printing without a password, wireless printing works. If I enter a password, the printer's wireless activity disables, and I have to connect ethernet cable to make all the procedure from the beginning (with HP's SetIP software), and make the printer print wirelessly again (only without password set). Either with USB or ethernet cable, I cannot success it to give a wireless password. I have tried it many times to give it a password, but the moment password tries to be set to wireless printing, printer's wireless activity is disabled. And, also, I do not know why the printer has only WEP protection, and not WPA.
That is now the only left problem.
Thank you.

TRENDING THREADS