Question Problem with Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition

Aug 26, 2021
Hello everyone, I have a zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition 8GB Graphics Card, thats working fine but it won't load more than 45% while in a game, Especially Rust, even tho I Changed my Power Supply lately to Thermaltake RGB 650W and using the Ultra Performance Power Option Plus set the Power Settings in the Nvidia Control Panel to Prefer Maximum Power and still only loads maximum 45% and not getting more than 80 FPS in game ?
Plus if I try to update to the latest version of driver the game starts to crash from time to time ?
any Ideas ?

Aug 26, 2021
this will be limiting the power supplied to card. this is a Maximum Power "Saver" option.
you want Prefer Maximum "Performance" option.
Okay I will try it right away and let u know if things were fixed
so the power option in the 3D settings Prefer Maximum Performance and Image Settings with Preview to Performance

Hello everyone, I have a zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition 8GB Graphics Card, thats working fine but it won't load more than 45% while in a game, Especially Rust, even tho I Changed my Power Supply lately to Thermaltake RGB 650W and using the Ultra Performance Power Option Plus set the Power Settings in the Nvidia Control Panel to Prefer Maximum Power and still only loads maximum 45% and not getting more than 80 FPS in game ?
Plus if I try to update to the latest version of driver the game starts to crash from time to time ?
any Ideas ?
What is the exact model of the Thermaltake PSU you bought? It matters... a lot.

Aug 26, 2021
Sorry to hear that. It's a very low quality model and could be related to your problem but I can't say for sure. It's certainly not a good pairing for your 1080.
Recommand a power supply to me then ? I want my 1080 to work perfectly especially that I am trying to stream so I can make some extra money and stuff

What is your game, and what is your cpu?
A game will be limited, usually by either the cpu or the gpu.
It is likely that your cpu can not drive the gpu to more than 45% busy.
Nor, do you really want the gpu to run at 100% even if you could.
That would leave you no headroom to handle performance spikes.

Aug 26, 2021
What is your game, and what is your cpu?
A game will be limited, usually by either the cpu or the gpu.
It is likely that your cpu can not drive the gpu to more than 45% busy.
Nor, do you really want the gpu to run at 100% even if you could.
That would leave you no headroom to handle performance spikes.
Well I usually Play Valorant I get high performance and FPS in game only incase i was on live stream, but things go bad if I'm playing Rust even at the low resolution I'm getting max 90 FPS without stream and about 50 to 60 FPS while stream
So My CPU Is: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
16GB Of Rams Apacer Panther 3000Mhz
and Zotac GeForce GTX 1080 AMP Extreme Edition 8GB
games are on NVMe windows is on Kingstone SSD 480GB

Aug 26, 2021
Are you certain the ram is running at 3000Mhz, also all your settings should be on high, it makes no difference with your current video card.
Run userbenchmark and post the results
Yes I am sure my ram is running on 3000Mhz
When I play on high resolution I get lower FPS and Performance Spikes
When I get back home I will try to post the userbenchmark here no worries