[SOLVED] Problematic Power Supply?

Valnar86

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
Good day all,

I have a question for you, and I hope that together we can come up with a solution.

About 6 months ago (PCs been turned off and stayed off since then, other than today) my PC began to shut down and blue screen repeatedly when playing games.

This then quickly progressed into a few seconds after turning on the PC. This all happened after I installed a new GPU into my system. I have today, removed the GPU, thinking maybe it's drawing to much power? And booted the PC up via onboard graphics. The issue still happens.

Shy of buying a new PSU, as naturally cash is tight due to Xmas, is there any way for me to see if it is indeed my power supply that's faulty?

Any help/advise is greatly welcomed.

Val.

Solution
So. Following on from our conversation yesterday, I decided to strip my system, and clean everything. So. It turned out that the cable from my CPU cooler had broken, meaning that the cooler wasn't working.

Bought a new cooler, installed and so far it's been on, downloading updates for the last 2 hours.

Thanks for the help.

Valnar86

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
Apologies if anything important is missing, system won't stay on long enough for me to gather the exact specs.

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77 - V LX
CPU: I7 3770k
RAM: 32gb ddr3 1600 crucial ballistix sport
PSU: Corsair CX750M model 75-002019
GPU: (When plugged in, current running onboard) RX590 sapphire 8gb.

1 x Barracuda 2tb hdd
1x samsung 500gb ssd (boot drive)

Running windows 10.

And shockingly.. I have a disk drive too can't remember the make though.

Valnar86

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
So. Following on from our conversation yesterday, I decided to strip my system, and clean everything. So. It turned out that the cable from my CPU cooler had broken, meaning that the cooler wasn't working.

Bought a new cooler, installed and so far it's been on, downloading updates for the last 2 hours.

Thanks for the help.

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution