Probleme with assigning ip wifi repeater

salimthejagal

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
My router gives 192.168.1.x as ip but my wifi repeater gives 192.168.0.x ip so i have to change the ip pf every device connected to the repeater from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.1.x its annoying. any solution?

Solution
Most repeaters do not work in that mode. What you are running is a repeater that is acting as a router. Most repeaters you find are running as a bridge. This is they problem with the misuse of the term "repeater".

It really depends on the device. In someways it is nice to have the option yours does when there is no other way to get it to work. Most "repeaters" do not have this option and in cases where you do not have access to the main router you will never get some repeaters to work.

Normally the feature that is used to make a repeater function in bridged mode is to use WDS to connect to the main router. This allows multiple mac addresses to be passed over this connection but you many times must allow WDS in the main...
Most repeaters do not work in that mode. What you are running is a repeater that is acting as a router. Most repeaters you find are running as a bridge. This is they problem with the misuse of the term "repeater".

It really depends on the device. In someways it is nice to have the option yours does when there is no other way to get it to work. Most "repeaters" do not have this option and in cases where you do not have access to the main router you will never get some repeaters to work.

Normally the feature that is used to make a repeater function in bridged mode is to use WDS to connect to the main router. This allows multiple mac addresses to be passed over this connection but you many times must allow WDS in the main router also. Pretty much you are going to have to read the manual for your device and see if you can force it to run in bridge rather than router mode.

Solution