Sep 16, 2020
First of all sorry for bad english.

Here's my specs:
  • Windows 10 Pro 2004
  • Ryzen 5 1600
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB 3000MHz
  • MSI X370 SLI PLUS
  • GTX 1060 6GB
My computer was running fine with just one minor problem (audio glitching for a second every couple of hours, hard to explain but the sound was the same when you get a BSOD). In order to "fix" this I decided to update my BIOS and do a fresh Windows install.

I restored my motherboard to its default settings and flashed the BIOS update just fine. After that I formatted my SSD, installed Windows, update everything possible on Windows Update, and finally installed all the drivers from my motherboard manufacter.

Yesterday I was working at my home office (just Outlook, Edge, Citrix and Spotify opened iirc) and got a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD (all the dumps and minidumps in the link at the bottom).

After that the PC restarted as usual and everything went fine, even played some World of Warcraft for a couple of hours before I turned everything off.

This morning, I turned the computer on and went to do some coffee, when I came back the PC was off, pressed the button again and I booted just fine, checked WhoCrashed just to be sure and there was a minidump there, this time INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Searched a bit about the problem and installed Driver Easy just to be sure that wasn't any driver updates avaliable (manually checking at device manager manually resulted at no updates avaliable). There's just two driver updates avaliable one for my monitor and one for the internet card, so I uninstalled Driver Easy and downloaded the LAN driver direct from Realtek and ignored the monitor one.

Turned off my computer for lunch and when I came back this afternoon after I powered it on I could see what was going on, it lights up, as soon as the mobo lights go off the computer shut down, but, after I power on again it boots up just fine.

Already checked driver updates, removed processor OC (it was off before the second INTERNAL POWER ERROR minidump), and for last I disabled hibernation (turned off my computer for 30 minutes and it booted up fine at first try when I turned on).

Anyone with more knowledge can take a look on the dumps and help me out to solve this?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai2Plqoru4aSiGfSnuSNIGh9W3e8?e=UmgOhp

Solution
1. lol. sorry. that advice is for PC Tailor, its in his 3rd party driver listing for the program he uses to convert dumps. You can't do anything about it, you shouldn't either as it should be running. It is just showing in the wrong listing for him, I was just correcting it.

turning off hibernation is a work around. it is still likely it was caused by an old driver.

From what I understand with Ryzen, the voltages fluctuate and may seem to high but its actually normal. They drop down under load.
What does it show in Ryzen master? CPU Voltage on my 3600XT is a moving target, I don't take that much notice of it but in the last few minutes of running Ryzen Master its moved around between 1.1 & 1.2 but never below 1.1V. PC is at idle...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Using it as an advisory is about safest use for 3rd party driver updaters. MSI have their own tool for your motherboard, Live update 6 - its on utilities page here. - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-SLI-PLUS#down-driver&Win10 64

I will ask someone to check dumps for me. If your pc was mostly okay before the instlal its likely to be a software problem.

try turning fast startup off as well (although if you disabled hibernate it might have already turned it off since they are linked) - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have run the dump file(s) and you can see the full report(s) in the link below.
If you are prompted to "Run only if trusted" simply click play/run and the html will be viewed. This warning is always present.

Report1: https://jsfiddle.net/91p7rgcn/show/
Report2: https://jsfiddle.net/wr73cdae/show/
Report3: https://jsfiddle.net/m6g4ps1o/show/

Summary of findings:
INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
Parameter 1 gives more information on the violation type. It is recommended you reference this to the Microsfot bugcheck docs for more info on the violation as the debugging method can differ between each one.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
This is typically driver based and therefore you should reference the third party modules loaded to check which ones may be misbehaving. If any are out of date, try updating or disabling them. Look at the STACK TEXT for clues on what was running when the failure occurred. If multiple dump files are available, compare information to look for common code that is in the stack"

I won't comment on this one as of yet, the Internal Power Error is not one I am well versed in and the debugging method differs depending on Parm 1 as it is not often a simple "find a driver" one by the looks of it.

Here is the info for the bugcheck for debugging:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...debugger/bug-check-0xa0--internal-power-error

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
One thing I can add is it might be useful to:
  • run a test on your Storage devices using SeaTools here and then running at least a LONG test as described here.
  • Run SFC /Scannow and CHKDSK in an elevated command prompt.
I say this simply as the parm 1 could be leaning towards a Disk or Hibernation file issue, being as you've turned off Hibernation, i'd also quickly check the disk. I don't say this from a vast amount of experience with that bugcheck.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
MpKslDrv.sys07/01/1988Microsoft?KSLDriver malware Driver
that date is a give away, its Microsoft all right. remove from 3rd party driver lists :)

How old is the logitech keyboard? It might run off G Hub and not Logitech Gaming Software now.
what is this?
vbdenum.sys09/11/2017CitrixCitrix Bus Device Driver
ctxusbm.sys21/03/2019CitrixCitrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

first crash happened transitioning to or from sleep.

Have you got latest BIOS on motherboard?? The BIOS isn't reporting system info to the dump file and one reason this happens is an older bios version.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Sep 16, 2020
MpKslDrv.sys07/01/1988Microsoft?KSLDriver malware Driver
that date is a give away, its Microsoft all right. remove from 3rd party driver lists :)

How old is the logitech keyboard? It might run off G Hub and not Logitech Gaming Software now.
what is this?
vbdenum.sys09/11/2017CitrixCitrix Bus Device Driver

ctxusbm.sys21/03/2019CitrixCitrix ICA Client USB Monitor Driver

first crash happened transitioning to or from sleep.

Have you got latest BIOS on motherboard?? The BIOS isn't reporting system info to the dump file and one reason this happens is an older bios version.

Hello, sorry for the late reply, e-mails went straight to the the spam folder.
  1. How do I remove it from the 3rd party driver list? I did some Google and seems to be part of the Microsoft Defender (I'm using it as antivirus), dunno if it's related.
  2. The Logitech device is my mouse (G600), it's pretty old tbh, I never tried G Hub but I will switch to see if it works
  3. I use Citrix for my home office, I just downloaded Citrix Receiver and installed it, both .sys should be from this
  4. I've got the latest stable BIOS version avaliable (7A33v3H) , there's one more recent but its on beta so I passed (7A33v3JS). I didn't do any "Clear CMOS" thing, just copied the file and flahsed to my mobo.
It SEEMS to be stable now after I turned hibernation off, no shut downs at boot and no BSOD 2 days straight.

Offtopic now, just to have some peace of mind, I removed my CPU overclock and the stock voltage seems too high. If I turn on my PC and jump to my BIOS page it shows 1.392V at stock clock (3200Mhz), yesterday using HWMonitor I saw some weird variations down to 0.6V up to 1.42V, is that normal? I tried some midly OC with 3600Mhz and it's stable at 1.20V.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
1. lol. sorry. that advice is for PC Tailor, its in his 3rd party driver listing for the program he uses to convert dumps. You can't do anything about it, you shouldn't either as it should be running. It is just showing in the wrong listing for him, I was just correcting it.

turning off hibernation is a work around. it is still likely it was caused by an old driver.

From what I understand with Ryzen, the voltages fluctuate and may seem to high but its actually normal. They drop down under load.
What does it show in Ryzen master? CPU Voltage on my 3600XT is a moving target, I don't take that much notice of it but in the last few minutes of running Ryzen Master its moved around between 1.1 & 1.2 but never below 1.1V. PC is at idle currently.

windows thinks my CPU always runs at 4.12 ghz, AMD Master shows thats way off the mark and its more likely 1ghz. So getting accurate recordings from WIndows on what Ryzen is doing seems to be a losing fight. Admittedly my CPU is only 2 months old so I should give windows a chance.

Last edited:
Solution