Problems after gpu oc attempt

Jul 28, 2018
Hi i recently buy 1060 armor gpu. It was running fine but then i attempted to oc via msi afterburner. After about 45 mins of playing pc reboots itself without any messages or anything. As far as i read about it it is psu to blame. Got corsair vs 450 wich i guess in not the best choise. Anyway after i restore gpu settings pc keeps rebots under heavy load after some time. So my question is it psu to blame or this oc could damage something? Is it possible that psu after one accident of heavy load degraded itself so now it cannot mantain gaming even without oc?

Jul 28, 2018
Thanks for answer. I allready reinstal drivers also uninstal msi. Even reset bios. Everything working good beside those reboots. Gpu stress test makes reboot. Sometimes after minute, sometimes after 10 minutes. Only cpu stress test does not reboot but sometimes can reboot in more cpu than gpu demanding moment.

Ill tell you later this evening for hwinfo64 log, since voltage should be accuratley logged.
Also this brings me that psu isnt suefficient for your pc. Since it clearly shuts down, but every psu has ocp, that means at full 12V load of 20 A can go over 20A a bit more to 25 or 30A sometimes untill psu cuts off power which might be in your scenario.

If you can borrow another psu (not buying), it would be a great thing!

1.You download Hwinfo here https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
2.Then download it as installer or portable (Whatever you like).

3.Then after unpacking/installing it run it in Sensor Mode (you have to tick it).
4. Go to settings its left of X mark, then above Change font is saying Log all values for Report, Tick it and click OK to exit settings.
5 Left of settings is paper with + sign, click on it, then choose desktop to save the file, name it whatever you like, then it will automaticly start to LOG your PC Stuff.
6. Now your job is to make your PC restart itself, dont worry log is always saved.
7. Upload it somewhere soo I can download it and see, or other members of Toms.

Hopefully we will see something, if not, I would be stoned.

Jul 28, 2018
Anyway i also find that my card when under load takes 140W vs reference 120W. I think it might be due to stock oc and it would be explanation why it has to be pluged with 8pin not six. Mayby 450W not best psu is just to weak for card to run...

Well , most unlikley its that your RAM is doing this, but I think its worth trying, keep 2 sticks of same size.

Have you tried loading default values in bios (last tab load optimal default , save and exit?).
I really don't wanna you to spend money if the issue is in another component.

HAHAHAHAHA
Sorry for laughing, but I dont use excel at all...
This is what should be looking like in Hwinfo.

HWINFO1.jpg
HWINFO2.jpg

Jul 28, 2018
I reset bios and i also do memory check and it reported that memory is ok. I also find that reboots now come faster than 2 days ago. I also think about overheating since we got really hot summer last days but cpu and gpu temp readings are fine!

Restarts could only occur (Since im overclocking on UD3R), by RAM timings incorrectly set, voltage to low for CPU, NB voltage low.

The most possible reason would be 12GB of ram, try 1 stick only at time. If you are mix and matching ram, you need then 2 pairs exact same sticks, 1+2 doesnt work, I've tried on UD3R, but with mixed ram on it I could OC without issue at all.