Hello good morning / afternoon / evening, I tell you what my situation is like below and I thank you in advance for your help.

When I start the computer after installing a new gpu it gets stuck in starting windows and then a black screen and no signal?

The complete problem is like this:
-Start the computer with the new gpu with an hdmi to vga adapter. (to the television because the monitor tells me there is no signal).
-It starts normally with the asus screen and then a tab that windows is damaged and there are 2 options between starting windows normally or the tool (recover system, repair, etc.)
-If I start windows, the logo of starting windows usually appears and after a while it finishes loading and at the end of this there is a black screen followed by no signal.
-If I use a restore point, the above mentioned happens as well as using the repair option.

I have tried the following:
-Different cables.
-Connect essential peripherals.
-A different gpu and this worked perfectly even with the adapter.
-Clean the RAM slots and try different commands and use a single ram.
-Clean the GPU slot.
-Change of thermal paste to the GPU.
-General cleaning.
-Use the monitor that was useless and the television was what I could do the most.

Things to highlight:
-When I connect to the monitor, two beep sounds when turning on.
-With my old GPU my computer works perfectly but when installing the new GPU all these problems begin.
-When I want to access the different types of windows startups (safe mode with different options) that is to press f8 constantly or keep it.
What it does in my case is open the boot order of the bios instead of giving me the option to use safe mode.
-The GPU according to what I have observed has a temperature for which it is working, the cooler when starting the computer only takes one turn and every so often uses the maximum power and then stops.
The GPU in my opinion is not damaged as an image because otherwise I could not see the Windows logo starting or the bios (in my opinion).

My components:
-Asus H61M-K
-I3 3240
-My old GPU is HD 6770 1GB GDDR5 and my new GPU is HD 7850 1GB GDDR5 XFX Single cooler.
-8gb RAM (4-4)
-Sentey 550w 80+ modular
-Active VGA reception adapter to HDMI cable.
-Windows 7
-2 disks, one of 465GB (the one with windows) and the other of 675GB in two parts.

I will be editing for any additional details that I can think of and I will also be observing the forum quite often because I was very excited to be able to play a little better in terms of performance but I have to wait and try to solve it.
Thank you

If I have misused the forum tag I apologize.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link match your GPU?

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xfx-hd-7850-1-gb.b1762

Recommended PSU for the GPU itself is 350 watts.

Two related considerations:

1) The existing Sentey 550 watt PSU is not enough to support the full power requirements of your computer

and/or

2) The existing Sentey PSU may be nearing design EOL (End of Life) and starting to malfunction under varying load conditions.

How old is the Sentey PSU? Has it been steadily used for heavy applications, gaming, bit-mining, etc.?

Reactions: lucasgomezzz123
Does the following link match your GPU?

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/xfx-hd-7850-1-gb.b1762

Recommended PSU for the GPU itself is 350 watts.

Two related considerations:

1) The existing Sentey 550 watt PSU is not enough to support the full power requirements of your computer

and/or

2) The existing Sentey PSU may be nearing design EOL (End of Life) and starting to malfunction under varying load conditions.

How old is the Sentey PSU? Has it been steadily used for heavy applications, gaming, bit-mining, etc.?

Thanks for answering.

If it is that GPU and regarding the PSU I have a friend who has the same one and the GPU works without any problem

The computer in general was never very demanding and I never overclocked, I have not played games that I know would not work for me and the GPU is about 2 years old.

This is the power supply: https://www.sentey.com/en/new-snp-550-watts-snp550-hs

Last edited:
I have news.
I have installed Windows 10 which on the television works perfectly at 1024x768 but when it comes to 1080 it stops receiving signal. I have installed the latest driver for the GPU and configured frequencies and ventilation but the GPU maintains a temperature of 60 degrees celcius.
while the monitor continues to beep beep and gives no signal.