Question Problems after installing more ram

Apr 28, 2019
Hello all. I have 2 HyperX Fury 8gb ram kits with same speeds and latencyes but their dram manufacturers are different. First kit's dram manufacturer is Sk Hynix and the second kit's Micron Technology. Can this be a problem because right after combined these two kits my games are randomly crashing to desktop with no error messages and seldomly bluescreening. When i had only one kit of 8gb there were no these kind of problems. Thank you.

D

Deleted member 14196

Yes that can most definitely be your problem and probably is.

The reason they sell ram in kits is because they’ve tested it and they know that it will work together. When you mix and match ram there’s no telling what’s going to happen it might work and it might not

jcniest5

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
I have mixed and matched memory all my life and never experience any issue, but I always do it with identical set, and not different manufacturer. That's where your problem lies, different manufacturer. Even if the same manufacturer, different model/kit can still causes problem. So, make sure they are identical model/kit as well.

Apr 28, 2019
I have mixed and matched memory all my life and never experience any issue, but I always do it with identical set, and not different manufacturer. That's where your problem lies, different manufacturer. Even if the same manufacturer, different model/kit can still causes problem. So, make sure they are identical model/kit as well.
Thank you for reply!