[SOLVED] Problems after POST (WIN10 build 18363)

Feb 24, 2020
Hi Guys,

So I updated my WIN10 Pro to the build mentioned in the title. That is when the problem started, right after the first time my computer resetted itself during the installation.

The PC boots up just fine. Then after passing the POST screen instead of showing the windows screen the American
Megatrends logo flashes for 6 times, and only the top half of it can be seen.
It flashes once, then comes a black screen with only the cursor flashing in the top left corner and this process repeates 6 times.

After this everything goes fine, the PC logs into Windows as if nothing have happened.

I uninstalled the new build but the problem did not go away, so I reinstalled the update so at least I have it.

Do you guys have any advice?

It is not that big of a problem, however I am pretty sure it is not completely healthy :D But it is a little annoying because it slows the login down.

Solution
Advise PC specs.

Since it's the BIOS splash screen blinking it would strongly suggest a hardware issue. Try resetting the CMOS. Does your MB have integrated graphics? If so pull your GPU and use the MB graphics. Try another video cable.
Feb 24, 2020
If you are getting weirdness even before POST is completed the issue isn't related to the OS.
Are you overclocking, overvolting, or adjusting timings/settings in BIOS?

Nope, no overclocking or any adjustement whatsoever. And before POST everything works fine, in fact the POST itself completes perfectly as well. It is just the "bug" that happens AFTER POST. Kinda weird.

Do you get anything from Windows logs? Have you tried booting into a Windows PE?

The American Megatrends logo is from BIOS, not Windows. Which is why I'm thinking something is going on before Windows. Is your boot order correct? Are you on the latest BIOS?

Feb 24, 2020
Do you get anything from Windows logs? Have you tried booting into a Windows PE?

The American Megatrends logo is from BIOS, not Windows. Which is why I'm thinking something is going on before Windows. Is your boot order correct? Are you on the latest BIOS?

I don't have anything from logs but I did not consider the PE before, I'll definitely give it a try, thanks!