Question Problems after putting GPU riser cable.

Hi, today my custom vertical GPU mounting kit arrived.
PC boots normally, and I can use it normally, but when I got into a game of CSGO with my friends, in the middle of the round the screen freezes for 2 seconds, then blackscreens for 5 seconds, then alt tabs to my desktop tab and basic operations slow down significantly.
After that I decided to test it in Super Position benchmark, and 3 seconds into it the same thing happened.
So I figured out that this happens when I put load on the GPU.
Note that this wasn't happening when the GPU was plugged into the motherboard normally, in the first (top) PCIe-x16 slot.
Also today I bought a VGA to HDMI to adapter, so I can use my old monitor as a 2nd screen for multimedia.
I have updated the GPU drivers to the latest version, 23.8.2 for Radeon Vega 56 cards.
Restarted the PC several times so far.
Tried the PC with only my main monitor, so I can see if the adapter is the problem, but the same thing happens.
If i can somehow avoid opening up my PC and putting the GPU in the motherboard slot, that would be amazing, cuz im currently to tired to do it.
Is it this some simple software/driver related issue?
Or any suggestion on how can I fix this without opening up my PC?
Thanks in advance!

This issue literally exists only when playing csgo, i have tried forza horizon 5, nfs heat/unbound, did the benchmarks again after reinstalling the riser cable, everything works perfectly, only csgo doesnt.

i've seen similar issue many times with PCIe > PCIe, and other PCIe adapter, cables.
usually just caused by lower quality cables.

the fact that you seem to claim that everything is fine now except CS:GO would definitely be odd since it's a very low caliber game that doesn't take much resources.
i would just rehash the game in Steam and see if any configuration or other game data may have been corrupted during the earlier issue(s).

Reactions: Dj0gany

TRENDING THREADS