Question Problems after switching to new ISP

PRATZiLLA27

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
So I just switched from a DSL connection to a fiber connection which shows up as WAN in the control panel. Although i can browse the internet webpages take a really long time to load and refresh. It also shows up as "no internet access" in the network settings although i can access the internet (although not fluently). I did not have these problems before and the problem exists on every browser.

Does speedtest show the speed you pay for. Does it appear to run a fairly constant rate or do you get stalls.

Browser issues can be DNS so change the dns in your pc nic ipv4 setting to 8.8.8.8. You can also disable IPv6 since sometimes it is slower and you really don't need it.

So I just switched from a DSL connection to a fiber connection which shows up as WAN in the control panel. Although i can browse the internet webpages take a really long time to load and refresh. It also shows up as "no internet access" in the network settings although i can access the internet (although not fluently). I did not have these problems before and the problem exists on every browser.

Does the slowness happen on every device? Did you contact the IPS already? Not a lot of info as to the setup either, if you have your own router as well as the ISP equipment, bypass your router and test directly on their modem/gateway.

PRATZiLLA27

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
stick with 1 thread
I recently switched to a new ISP from an old DSL connection to an optic fiber connection and after setting up the connection from the Dial-up menu, i am able to connect to the internet.
However, although I can browse the internet but it shows up as "no internet access" in the network status and in the ethernet shows "unidentified network" whille there is a new WAN network despite me being connected through LAN.
Also the pages take a while to load although the connection is fast.

PRATZiLLA27

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
Does the slowness happen on every device? Did you contact the IPS already? Not a lot of info as to the setup either, if you have your own router as well as the ISP equipment, bypass your router and test directly on their modem/gateway.
I know this is super random but can I talk to you personally on discord or steam or something about my issue? I'm basically helpless right now and cannot seem to find a solution on any forum.