Question Problems after switching to new ISP

PRATZiLLA27

Reputable
Feb 5, 2017
I recently got a new fiber internet connection but the problem is the only way i can access the internet is by using the Dial-Up option and manually connecting to the internet. Moreover, when I use Dial up my internet becomes about 5 times slower. I have been occasionally been able to automatically connected to the internet few times when i turned on my PC. I have tried contacting my ISP but they can't seem to find a solution.

Note : I am presently using the compainy's modem directly without a router.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

ISP? Makes and models for network devices? Just one computer or internet connected devices

Does the following line diagram represent the connections:

ISP ----- fiber ----> Modem ---- Ethernet cable ---->[WAN] Router [LAN] ----Ethernet cable ---->Wired devices and ~wireless> Wireless devices

Edit/correct the line diagram as necessary. E.g., you may have a combination modem/router versus two individual devices.

Overall, my thought is that there is a configuration problem somewhere along the connection path or within your computer's network adapter.

Windows 10? Have you tried running the built-in network troubleshooters on your computer?

Are you able to run and post the results of "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the command prompt?

I recently got a new fiber internet connection but the problem is the only way i can access the internet is by using the Dial-Up option and manually connecting to the internet. Moreover, when I use Dial up my internet becomes about 5 times slower. I have been occasionally been able to automatically connected to the internet few times when i turned on my PC. I have tried contacting my ISP but they can't seem to find a solution.

Note : I am presently using the compainy's modem directly without a router.

If you are paying for their service and their modem does not work, they can't fix it, I would swap ISPs. Nothing you can do here since you are dealing with their connection and their modem. Did they send a tech to your house to look at things? If you have to do things manually on the computer side seems like the modem is not configured properly. I dealt with these types of things on DSL connections, if the modem gets wiped, the connection to the ISP can be made on the computer side using using the modem in pass-through mode. Sounds like this is what is happening here.