Problems after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Bighadey

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Recently my Dell Inspiron 7559 updated itself with the Windows 10 anniversary update. Initially there were no problems, it seemed to be a bit slower but otherwise ok. I watched a movie on YouTube and then the I ternet stopped working. My connection was fine, but trying to open any webpage would result in constant loading, nothing ever happening. I tried troubleshooting the connection, and it would be stuck constantly 'detecting problems', nothing happened. I tried multiple fixes, nothing worked. Eventually I reverted to the previous windows version, before the update. I still had the same problem. I deleted the contents of the inetcache folder. Eventually I found a post that said to put "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" into command prompt, and the internet works. Cool. However only a few websites work properly, some will partially load (ie no pictures), some only load text and some (eg Gmail) come up with "your connection is not private - NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID" (I'm using Chrome). So I thought that I might have a virus but after scanning with AVG "0 threats were found". What is wrong?

Bighadey

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
I used sfc /scannow, it said it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. I checked proxy, it is off. My firewall is AVG, I have already tried turning that off and it did nothing.