Problems attempting to update my driver

JonDoe297

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
So I've been having this problem for a long time and I don't know what's causing it. I'm trying to update my display drivers and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything I'm supposed to but whenever my laptop boots up after installing the new driver I get a message saying that I have no display drivers installed or that they did not install properly...

This is what I've been doing:

1. I uninstall all the ATI/AMD programs with CCleaner
2. Run driver cleaner or the AMD driver cleaner utility
3. Restart my laptop
4. Install new drivers
5. Restart again

I'm trying to install the 14.4 update for the Radeon HD7000M series cards...

Also, when I run dxdiag, it says the Intel HD 4000 is my Graphics Card, but I have a dedicated Radeon HD 7670M as well.

Solution

Hmm that is probably the problem, but when I go through the same steps and install 13.12 I get the same problem. As far as I can tell that one should be compatible with my laptop... The only thing that works is system restoring it to when 13.4 was installed.
did you download the driver from the laptop manufacturer website?

if you download the driver form AMD's website, this might be the reason why it is not installing right:

The following notebooks are not compatible with this tool:
Notebooks equipped with switchable graphics

Toshiba® notebooks
Sony® VAIO® notebooks
Panasonic® notebooks

JonDoe297

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

Hmm that is probably the problem, but when I go through the same steps and install 13.12 I get the same problem. As far as I can tell that one should be compatible with my laptop... The only thing that works is system restoring it to when 13.4 was installed.

Solution

JonDoe297

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009

It is the latest before 14.4 as far as I can tell on AMD.com not sure about manufacturer website.