Question Problems cannot complete installation of Windows 10 from USB

Jackb47

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
I am trying to upgrade my box to Windows 10 Pro. I created the installation file with Rufus and inserted in box. Immediately received the message "Part EFI Remove media and reboot." I then recreated the installation file with Rufus using MBR and UEFi. I re-inserted the USB. Windows 10 starts installation. I answered very questions, finish installation and then does the final reboot. Box keeps running but nothing shows on the screen. I have tried numerous times with the same result. Why does the monitor that showed all the installation process will go blank after completion. In fact the monitor states no activity and shuts down. Please let me know what I have to do to get the system working on the monitor?

I am trying to upgrade my box to Windows 10 Pro. I created the installation file with Rufus and inserted in box. Immediately received the message "Part EFI Remove media and reboot." I then recreated the installation file with Rufus using MBR and UEFi. I re-inserted the USB. Windows 10 starts installation. I answered very questions, finish installation and then does the final reboot. Box keeps running but nothing shows on the screen. I have tried numerous times with the same result. Why does the monitor that showed all the installation process will go blank after completion. In fact the monitor states no activity and shuts down. Please let me know what I have to do to get the system working on the monitor?
You don't need Rufus to make USB boot disk for W10. If you have ISO file just mount it and copy contents to Fat32/mbr formatted USB. That works for both, UEFI and legacy BIOS.
Set BIOS to UEFI only and after booting from USB delete all partitions on disk. Do not format it at all.
After setup copies all files remove USB.

Jackb47

Reputable
Aug 22, 2015
You don't need Rufus to make USB boot disk for W10. If you have ISO file just mount it and copy contents to Fat32/mbr formatted USB. That works for both, UEFI and legacy BIOS.
Set BIOS to UEFI only and after booting from USB delete all partitions on disk. Do not format it at all.
After setup copies all files remove USB.
I tried to do that on my other PC. I inserted a empty 32GB USB mounted the ISO file and tried to copy to USB. I then got a message that the file (ESD install 4.3GB) is too large for the destination. What gives?