Question Problems connecting Bluetooth earbuds with Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
I have paired some Haylou GT-1 earbuds with my Windows 10 desktop PC. They are listed under "Bluetooth & other devices" in the Audio section, showing as Paired. The problem is that I can't get Windows to output audio to them -audio output is always output to my speakers.
The Sound settings page does not list them in the dropdown list of output devices, so I can't select them there as my output device.

They are shown in my sound control panel however, in both the Playback and Recording sections - there are two entries in each:
  • Haylou GT-1_R Hands-Free AG Audio
  • Haylou GT-1_R Stereo
But when I try right-clicking either of them and selecting "Connect" nothing happens. After a minute or so they disconnect themselves from the PC - i.e. their status switches to "Disconnected" on the "Bluetooth and other devices" screen.
Any idea how I can get Windows audio playing back through these earbuds?

itm

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2004
Thanks for the link. Everything on the list checks out OK (including checking for latest bluetooth drivers in Device Manager). Pairing has been achieved OK. It's using it for audio output that's the problem.
I've just tried an older bluetooth headset with the same PC and it works fine. I can't get Windows to automatically use it as the default audio device when I connect them, but I can manually select them as my audio device in the Sound Settings page. It's just the new Haylou sound buds that aren't showing up as an audio device on this list, despite the fact that I have paired and connected them.
???

Status
Not open for further replies.