[SOLVED] Problems creating multi-page PDFs

mallomar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Laptop with Windows 10 Home. I'm using Microsoft Print to PDF, which I assume comes with Win 10, because I know I didn't install it.

Sometimes I can create a multi-page PDF (from a multi-page source), and sometimes I only get the first page. Today I was trying to create a PDF of my "cart" on a retail web site, and could only get the first page. I got a message that said "Out of bounds page reference, limit is 1 page."

I'm not a technical person. I don't know if this means there's a problem with the PDF s/w, or if it has something to do with the web site. I did try to create a PDF of the 2nd page, but the s/w wouldn't do it.

I really do need to create multi-page PDFs (often from web sites) fairly often, so I want to find a solution. If I can't do it with Microsoft Print to PDF, I'm willing to install a different program (free or reasonably priced ).

Thanks for any suggestions.

mallomar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Grobe,

I installed PDF24 PDF Creator and got the same results -- I was able to create multi-page PDFs from some sources, but not from the retail site that refused to create a PDF with more than one page. So maybe it has to do with the way the retail site sets up its pages, or something. Which seems weird, because wouldn't a retail company realize a customer might want to save their order list?

But I'm still happy with PDF24 PDF -- I find it easier to use that the MS app. Thanks for the suggestion.

mallomar

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Usually this is because of how that particular web site is built. You can also try Chrome-based browsers, they have built-in function to save as PDF.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, that's what I was guessing -- the retail store's web site isn't compliant with my needs.

I'm using Chrome, and I just tried its save to PDF function. Same result -- only saved the first page. Also tried selecting page 2 only, and got the error message about "out of bounds."

So I'll just go back to creating multiple screen shots to capture the web pages I need. PITA, but better than nothing.

I used to be able to create multipage PDFs from the same retail site, but it might have been when I had an older laptop with windows 8. Dunno if that would make a difference.