[SOLVED] Problems detecting m.2 sata ssd.

Oct 8, 2019
Hello. I have recently built a pc using a Gigabyte z77-d3h and I know it doesn't have an m. 2 slot, so I got a m.2 to pcie adapter. My m.2 drive is an Intel ssdsckkf256h6

When I tried installing Windows the drive isn't detected. Not sure what is the problem. The pcie adapter, motherboard is confirmed to be working. The Intel drive was detected using a USB adapter.

Solution
Unfortunately, I don't think Z77's BIOS supported booting from a PCI-e adapter even if you had the correct drive for an NVME-only PCI-e adapter...

Trade it off for the standard SATA 2.5" format....?
Oct 8, 2019
Unfortunately, I don't think Z77's BIOS supported booting from a PCI-e adapter even if you had the correct drive for an NVME-only PCI-e adapter...

Trade it off for the standard SATA 2.5" format....?
I got an m.2 sata enclosure and it seems didn't work as well. Then I got a hdd and it still doesn't seem to be the case. I made a new thread because I found the error code and now it is USB based. Thank you for your suggestion and help

popatim

Titan
Just to followup; M2 Sata pcie slot adapters still need a Sata cable run back to one of the motherboards Sata port. I believe this is the missing piece of info you needed to get it working. Also, in your motherboards bios, the sata ports need to be active/enabled and set to AHCI mode, which is usually the default mode.