Problems downgrading to Windows 7

citizensoldier

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011
So I recently bought a used Samsung Series 7 Chronos. I wanted to downgrade to Windows 7 because I much prefer the interface. I burned the Windows 7 ISO onto a disc. Edited my BIOS by disabling SecureBoot and changing it from UEFI to CMS. I made DVD my primary boot device and started it up. I got part way through the install and got stuck in the options for installing drivers which I didn't have so I had to restart without finishing the install. Then my DVD drive stopped reading the disc. I don't know why but it would not read the disc at all. I then used the Windows 7 USB boot program and put the ISO on a flash drive then installed off of that. I deleted and formatted all the partitions and selected the last one to install. It went all the way through the install to restart but when it restarted it just started back up in the install. No continuation. I tried making the USB not the primary and just selecting it for the install but that still didn't work. I then did full reinstall and removed the USB drive and tried to boot off the HDD but it wouldn't boot. It would give me the message "all boot options are tried press f4 key to recover with factory image". So now I have a formatted HDD and no way to finish the install. Anyway advice would be helpful.

Solution
Well no need to change from UEFI to another mode, weird that your dvd disc is no longer being able to read (perhaps the dvd optical drive is not good anymore). Many people seem to have issues installing Windows 7 via USB, most of the times the solution is to make the image with the software called Rufus so give it a try: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Well no need to change from UEFI to another mode, weird that your dvd disc is no longer being able to read (perhaps the dvd optical drive is not good anymore). Many people seem to have issues installing Windows 7 via USB, most of the times the solution is to make the image with the software called Rufus so give it a try: https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Solution