Problems during an unattended Setup of Windows 2000 Server

Hi,

first of all, sorry for my bad english. Then I describe the matter.

I have a problem during an unattended installation of Win2k Server from the Win2k CD in a clean computer.
The steps that I made are:

1) Create an unatended file with Setup Manager, with all my customized settings, especially the fully unattended mode;
2) Rename the file unattend.txt in WINNT.SIF and copy into a floppy;
3) Start the computer with the Win2k CD, then I insert the floppy in the appropriate drive;
4) The installation starts, but it stops when it asks me to create the partition for the Win2k files.
5) The other settings that I indicate in the Winnt.sif file are normally performed without the user intervention, while I have to create manually the primary partion.

And this is strange because in the [DATA] section of the winnt.sif file I indicate the following options:

AutoPartition=1
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

How Can I resolve this problem?
Thank You very much
framm07

You're missing the following:

{Unattended]
Repartition=Yes

Bear in mind that repartitioning options are limited (like, on or off).
This may not be great for server configs, where you typically want more than
one partition.

Hope this helps

Oli

"framm07" <framm07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> first of all, sorry for my bad english. Then I describe the matter.
>
> I have a problem during an unattended installation of Win2k Server from
> the Win2k CD in a clean computer.
> The steps that I made are:
>
> 1) Create an unatended file with Setup Manager, with all my customized
> settings, especially the fully unattended mode;
> 2) Rename the file unattend.txt in WINNT.SIF and copy into a floppy;
> 3) Start the computer with the Win2k CD, then I insert the floppy in the
> appropriate drive;
> 4) The installation starts, but it stops when it asks me to create the
> partition for the Win2k files.
> 5) The other settings that I indicate in the Winnt.sif file are normally
> performed without the user intervention, while I have to create manually
> the primary partion.
>
> And this is strange because in the [DATA] section of the winnt.sif file I
> indicate the following options:
>
> AutoPartition=1
> MsDosInitiated="0"
> UnattendedInstall="Yes"
>
> How Can I resolve this problem?
> Thank You very much
> framm07

Oli,
Thank you very much, I solve the problem and I will follow carefully your advice.

framm07