Problems getting into safe mode

Hello,
I've got a problem booting Windows XP in safe mode though it works wll in
normal mode.
I press on f8 at the begining, I do get the menu where I chose the option
"safe mode" and then it seems to boot up but after a few seconds all I get
is a black screnn and a blinking cursor on the top left (this lasts for more
then 15 mins when I get fed up and try again)
What can I do? Thanks in advance...

Bugsy

You are probably selecting Safe Mode with Command Prompt.

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highligh to Safe Mode, when you
see the following menu...

Windows Advanced Options Menu
Please select an option:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent setting that worked)
Directory Services Restore Mode (Windows domain controllers only)
Debugging Mode

Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to OS Choices Menu

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highligh to your choice.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User