Problems loading Vista RC2 (ACPI.sys error)

RabidDog

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Hello,
I'm having a major problem loading RC2 on my system. The hardware consists of:
Asus P5WD2-Delume Mobo (with latest BIOS, 0801)
Pentium D 945 Proc. (3.4 Ghz)
2 GB RAM
250GB, SATA II, Seagate ST3250620AS HD
GeForce 6600GT (128MB)

The upgrade advisor didn't think I would have any problems running Vista.
The problem:
I boot the DVD and the initial load goes fine on the inital progress bar. As soon as this finishes, I get a BSOD stating that there is a problem wiht the ACPI.sys driver (datestamp: 45234890).

I have tried turning ACPI on and off within the BIOS setup with no luck.

Can anyone lend any assistance?

Thanks!

Syaoran04

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
the dvd that you burned is bad... i'm assuming that you burned the dvd at the maximum speed that your burner can handle. now this is only out of experience and some other people saying as well but its a good idea to burn the dvd at the slowest speed you can live with. i burned mine at around 4x... i'm not sure why we have to do that.. i guess its just cause when you burn at a higher speed there's a bigger chance of there being errors.

try with the slower burn rate or the next best thing is to use parition magic to partition a new drive out of your existing and load up the iso via alcohol 120 or a program like it and install via within windows. dont worry about not having the CD inside when the computer restarts by the time you get to the windows install all the require files and bin files have already been loaded onto the drive. these are the best 2 alternatives i can think of..

your last option is to load the iso onto a usb stick and install from there.. just make sure its a usb 2.0 drive or your install will take about 20 years :D

gl on your install if you have anymore issues just post up what happens and i'll help out where i can

RabidDog

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
the dvd that you burned is bad... i'm assuming that you burned the dvd at the maximum speed that your burner can handle. now this is only out of experience and some other people saying as well but its a good idea to burn the dvd at the slowest speed you can live with. i burned mine at around 4x... i'm not sure why we have to do that.. i guess its just cause when you burn at a higher speed there's a bigger chance of there being errors.

try with the slower burn rate or the next best thing is to use parition magic to partition a new drive out of your existing and load up the iso via alcohol 120 or a program like it and install via within windows. dont worry about not having the CD inside when the computer restarts by the time you get to the windows install all the require files and bin files have already been loaded onto the drive. these are the best 2 alternatives i can think of..

your last option is to load the iso onto a usb stick and install from there.. just make sure its a usb 2.0 drive or your install will take about 20 years :D

gl on your install if you have anymore issues just post up what happens and i'll help out where i can

I re-burned at 4X, on different types of media, and on different drives with no luck. I haven't tried the Image thing, but next week I will be building a new rig (basically for Vista). I'll let you know how it goes.
New Rig specs:
E6600
Asus P5B MoBo
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA 7950GT
And all the other stuff.

-Mike