Problems overclocking the AMD 6350

Nov 27, 2018
Before i start describing what the problem is, these are my pc specs: AMD FX 6350 cpu, ASUS M5A97 R2.0 mobo, 8Gigs of ram, DeepCool Maelstrom 120K water cooler, 700watt psu. Last night after watching some overclocking videos i tried to do that myself. I picked this video as a guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk&t= and did my best trying to follow it. I made the same settings in the BIOS and then i started overclocking. First i tried 4200Mhz at the default voltage(1.385) but i kept failing in Prime95 so i bumped the voltage to 1.4 and then i was stable. After i kept messing arround with the clock speed and the voltage the max overclock i was able to achieve at a decent voltage (1.488 or so) without having p95 fail or the entire pc froze was 4400Mhz and i feel like that's quite underwhelming. At 4400Mhz and 1.488 voltage my temps are arround 64C socket and 54C core under full load. I feel like i should be able to achieve a higher overclock especially considering that the temps are really not that high but im afraid to bump the voltage past 1.5v because from what ive read it can cause damage to the cpu however if i keep it at my current voltage(1.488) i cant get better stable clock speed. What is the problem, is it the mobo that's dragging the cpu down or what am i missing? Any help would be appreciated since this is the first time i overclocked a cpu and i dont really know exactly what im supposed to do.