[SOLVED] Problems Registering Samsung SSD?

kenclaw

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
I bought a Samsung 1TB 970 EVO Plus SSD for my new system build. I registered it at Samsung's site. I made a PDF file of my email receipt from B&H Photo and uploaded it as requested. Today I received the following email from Samsung:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX,

We have reviewed your warranty information and, unfortunately, were not able to confirm your proof of purchase.

Please see below instructions on submitting a valid proof of purchase document.

Must not be in an editable format (ie word/excel/html); PDF, Jpeg, Gif, PNG format only.

Must include the place of purchase on company letterhead, including the retailer's name, address, phone number or store number.

Must include the date of purchase.

Must include itemized pricing.

Must confirm paid total; non-online purchases must include the payment method.

Must include the date of purchase.

The following are non-valid proofs of purchase, and as such, cannot update the date of purchase: credit/debit card statements, sales quotes or estimates, private purchases (item purchased from another customer or sold through an eBay type bidding site/used products), units sold As Is with the exception of Lowes or Famous Tate, or units refurbished through any vendor outside of Samsung.

Any ideas on what to send them as I did exactly as they asked and the receipt from B&H clearly shows everything as per the specs above and I sent it in an acceptable format - PDF.

Thanks!

Solution
Go to your B&H account, my orders, view order details, then in the top right youll see a "Print PDF Invoice" Download that and send it in.

kenclaw

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VKIycsdtNWXH5wD_23sTQkM_zRzQYKj2?usp=sharing

I made pictures of the PDF and went into Photoshop and redacted my information and order number. I did not see a method to upload the pictures so I posted them (3 pictures) on Google Drive. Link above.

I wanted to write back to them, but the email from them said do not reply as the reply address is not monitored. I did send a copy of this to B&H Photo to see if they could help out, but that will be Monday before they get it. I was just curious if anyone else has ever encountered this with Samsung and what they did to resolve the issue.

Last edited:

kenclaw

Commendable
Aug 26, 2016
That is what I just did and was coming back here to post that and saw your reply. I hope this works. I have four Samsung SSD's that I've registered with them and I've never had this problem, but I'll post back when I hear back from Samsung. Hopefully this will resolve this issue. Thank You!