Question Problems saving and uploading images

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I sent a picture from my iphone via gmail and it doesn't go through.
I sent the picture to Discord and saved it and went to the folder and it's not there. I noticed in the right hand corner that the drop down menu changed to Custom Files, and when I switched it back to All Images, the image was there but I can't upload it to Facebook.
Most of my image files show the image but this is a gray piece of paper.
I am clueless what is going on.
Any ideas? I restarted my pc.

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
So I reset my iphone and now the email goes through but the image is broken. I then tested and I can send the photo to discord and text messages just not to email via gmail. So it must be an iphone issue. ugggh

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So I reset my iphone and now the email goes through but the image is broken. I then tested and I can send the photo to discord and text messages just not to email via gmail. So it must be an iphone issue. ugggh
Which app are you using for email? Also which iPhone do you have? You can try to go under Settings > Camera > Formats > select “Most Compatible.”

hayley3

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
So I found a workaround...not sure what changed, but I have to send the image from my gmail address to the same gmail address PLUS the email address I need it sent to. (which is not a gmail address just to be clear). So it goes to both addresses, which is dumb but it works.