Problems updating drivers for AMD Radeon 7670M

Temporalin

Reputable
Jun 11, 2015
Hi, I'm trying to update the graphic drivers of my g7-2001es
This one: http://support.hp.com/es-es/product/HP-Pavilion-g7-Notebook-PC-series/5226249/model/5259374/drivers#N893

In that page the driver is pretty old, so I tried using the AMD autodetect utility. It seemed to work fine, because it detected the right card and, in the end, said everything was correctly installed.

But when I restarted the computer I couldn't lower the brightness of the screen, and when I tried running Minecraft (just to try if it was really wrong) it failed because of the lack of acceleration hardware. So, I went to the device manager and it told me the device was stopped for some reason (and gave me code 43).

I suppose this problem comes from the switchable graphics and the manufacturer and that things, but I hope there's some way to use the last drivers

Solution
You can only use the drivers that are on HP's website owing to the customised hardware that's made especially for HP.
Only HP have drivers which exactly match the hardware.

Go into Device Manager & double-click the AMD Radeon graphics adapter.
Under the "Drivers" tab, click "Roll back driver".
Click 'OK'.

The age of a driver does not matter nearly as much as having one that works properly.
You can only use the drivers that are on HP's website owing to the customised hardware that's made especially for HP.
Only HP have drivers which exactly match the hardware.

Go into Device Manager & double-click the AMD Radeon graphics adapter.
Under the "Drivers" tab, click "Roll back driver".
Click 'OK'.

The age of a driver does not matter nearly as much as having one that works properly.

Solution