Problems updating firmware for microcenter/Adata 599 SSD

dulltack

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
I got microcenter's G2 SSD, I'm told its exactly the same as Adata's S599 SSD. I've been trying to update to the current firmware version to no avail. I've tried using Adata's tools found here as well as the microcenter version found here which is looks exactly the same except for the labeling.

When using the update tool I sometimes get "drive not found" and when it does find it, it will "fail to download firmware" and then reboot. I've checked and made sure windows is set to AHCI as well as the BIOS. Anyone else using this drive having similar problems?

bucky69

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I was having the same issues. I replaced the microcenter drive with another drive which already had Windows 7 loaded on it. When I booted from this drive, and ran the update utility as an administrator, It immediately found the microcenter drive and updated the firmware. I then removed the other drive and booted from the microcenter drive. So far no problems recovering from sleep or standby and the system is running much faster. Apparently you can't upgrade the working system drive.

kickdrum5a

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Solved! ADATA S599 SSD No drives Dectected.

I got my firmware update to finally take by coping the files directly to the root of the drive and running the update tool as administrator. Then it finally recognized the drive. I was having the same problem with it saying "no drives detected". I even tried hooking it to a different PC. It wouldn't detect the drive until it files were on root.