Problems w/computer: PSU Surge

Crasko

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
About a week ago I was on the internet browsing and then apparently my computer decided to restart itself. I received an error stating "Power supply surges detected during the previous power on." Read plenty of forums afterwards and people were saying that this could be a software glitch, it could be my motherboard or my PSU. One person replied saying to disable surge detection function in the BIOS. Tried that then random surges still consisted. I tried to ignore these (bad decision) to the point where about 2 days ago i couldn't get passed the log in screen when it would just turn off. I had one instance where right before the surge, a loud noise came from my computer (don't know what part it was). I have a Corsair TX750M power supply. Today I tried booting it up and so far its working fine (waiting for it to die on me again) but at the same time it took forever to load up programs and some programs weren't really working properly at the start (don't know if my hard drive is corrupted or what, WD 1TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive). Also would like to add that my friend was having an issue where due to his Graphics Card, would have a black screen and would have to restart computer, (sort of similar to my situation) so I'm sort of in a twist whether or not it could also be my Graphics Card (EVGA GTX 570 Ti) would appreciate any help.

Dom_79

Distinguished
Run scan disk on your HDD to determine if you had bad/corrupted sectors. Run memtest on your RAM to see it's been damaged. Get a surge protector power strip or UPS unit and make sure that electricity is as stable and well regulated at the outlet as possible. You most likely need to replace at least your PSU, possibly your motherboard as well.

Crasko

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Dom_79 scanned my disk, a ton of problems on my HDD so I'm just going to get one soon as well as a PSU. My RAM is fine just tested it. Don't know about my motherboard. Tried doing a hard reset on my motherboard but problem still continued. As for my electricity, nothing wrong with it. Just waiting to get my paycheck so I can buy new HDD and PSU. Hopefully that's the only problem. For now if anybody has anymore suggestions, then I would appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS