[SOLVED] Problems watching movies on Asus rog laptop

Nivz0r

Prominent
May 13, 2020
Hey,
I have this annoying issue with my GL553VE Asus rog laptop while watching movies/tv series.
Whenever i play a movie in VLC/BSPLAYER or even videos on YT, the laptop is getting stuck for like half a second every 5-10 seconds.
I've reformat the laptop a few times and everytime it comes back, same issue all over again.
I tried using different programs to watch movies - same outcome.
I update all drivers, even windows updates.
I changed my transcend M2 SSD to Samsung 970 evo M2.
Result remains the same.
The laptop is 4years old and in great shape very well taken care of and cleaned. Also redid thermal paste just to make it cooler.
I'm out of ideas.

Solution
Which BIOS version are you on for your laptop?

By formatting and reinstalling the OS, did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer? If so, you're advised to have the drivers for your laptop handy on a pen drive. Once the OS is installed, you should install all necessary drivers meant for your laptop, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Then connect to the internet and let the OS perform updates, not before you have the bare minimum drivers installed.

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you on for your laptop?

By formatting and reinstalling the OS, did you use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer? If so, you're advised to have the drivers for your laptop handy on a pen drive. Once the OS is installed, you should install all necessary drivers meant for your laptop, manually, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Then connect to the internet and let the OS perform updates, not before you have the bare minimum drivers installed.

Solution